Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Is Australia Going to remain as 'Australia' for Australians?

 This is a very interesting question not just for me, but for all of us to celebrate 'Australian Day'. Am I Australian? I am as much Australian as the 7th generation Australian, the newly naturalised Australian and of course the indigenous Australian.

Do I care for the elders of our land, past present and future? Yes, I do. Do I care for newly naturalised Australians? Yes, I do. Do I care for the 7th Generation Australians or more? Yes, I do. Do I care for all  Australians born as a first generation and their parents were born overseas? Yes, I do.

So recently we had the 'Voice Referendum' held last year, which caused all Australians to question, do we need 'A Voice'? 

This I think answered the question, Click for the last post on 'Which Voice Does Australia Need' I thoroughly prepared

I haven't responded to the result of the 'Voice Referendum', because I thought Australia voted the way a majority of people felt. Without fully knowing the full outcomes, if it came to force.

Now for decades, we have had many major and small stores sell Australia Day items to all Australians. Now we are in the 'Silly season that Major stores will not sell Australia Day items due to declining sales and profits or make their stores 'inclusive and respective to all.'  What is this world coming to? What's this country and nation coming to? 

So, this means that these major stores want to be inclusive in not assisting Australians in celebrating Australia Day. Furthermore, they don't have respect for all Australians, who enjoy celebrating all Australians on Australia Day.

Most Indigenous people are unified in celebration of the coming of a nation pf millions of people. In my young years, we counted how years Australia was discovered. This fact is not used to celebrate Australia Day any more 

I there is declining sales and profits, my suggestion is don flood the market with it and see how it goes. I have seen thousands of items for sale and I wonder how they all get sold in these major stores. This would be a great chance for the small stores to make the sales and profit their gain.

My feeling is these stores are doing this in retaliation to the 'No Voice' that Australia voted in the referendum. They probably fear there will be an Australia Day cancellation - a move to get rid of it. Over my dead body. There are moves to change it - for the sake of feeling comfortability. Who cares? Leaving everything as it is. Let's Celebrate do how I have been producing  The 'All Australians Celebration radio show' on Bay & Basin Community Radio 92.7fm, I have been calling it 'All Australian Celebration Day', since 2020.

Click here for Upbeat Songs Facebook Page: Like and follow

Click here to listen live on Monday night 6- 8 pm

The answer to 'Is Australia Going to remain as Australia for Australians?' I hope so.

Quote from Google: 

Woolworths Group, one of Australia's biggest retailers, has scrapped Australia Day merchandise, citing a "gradual decline in demand". "At the same time there's been broader discussion about January 26 and what it means to different parts of the community,” a spokesperson told news.com.au.

Aldi has followed major retailers Woolworths and Kmart in ditching Australia Day merchandise ahead of January 26. The German-owned supermarket chain confirmed its Australia Day Special Buys catalogue would not be returning in 2024.

Woolworths Group's decision follows Kmart, who last year made the same decision to stop selling Australia Day merchandise in an attempt to make their stores "inclusive and respectful" to all. “At Kmart, we do not sell any merchandise that is specific to Australia Day,” a spokesperson told 7News at the time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

New Pop Songs never played before on Upbeat Sings With John Radio Show

  #upbeatsongswithjohn #bayandbasin927fm #communityradio #927fm So this Monday night, we have a program called, ' New Pop Songs Neve...