Popular Posts

Monday, August 26, 2024

Be Aware of Scammers - Attempt at Holy Spirit, Vincentia

 


Holy Spirit Vincentia

Mon, 26 Aug, 15:06 (4 days ago)
to victor.vincent, bcc: me
Dear All,

I had received a scam email on my personal email as well as the Holy Spirit email address. It was asking me to buy an Apple $500 gift card and it sounded so genuine and after numerous emails back and forth that I went to Coles to go and buy it for the person. 

In the message it said that she could not speak as she had a sore throat and therefore to take a photograph of the gift card and the pin number and send it to her. When I was at Coles I spoke to the person at the Help desk and she kept asking me "are you sure it is not a scam" and I said of course it isn't as I know this person from Church. I am glad she did raise it with me and something made me call the person and it was a scam. 

Although we have Trend virus protection on our devices and our email contacts hopefully were not be compromised.  I just want to make sure you do not get taken in if you receive emails from the Holy Spirit email address or my personal email address asking you to do the same thing. 

cheers,

(Not disclosed)


Holy Spirit Vincentia
Address: 23 St George Ave, Vincentia NSW 2540

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring on The coast! - Gilmore News - Fiona Phillips, Federal Member for Gilmore

  Hi  Welcome to spring on the coast! After a busy week in parliament, it’s great to be back in the electorate meeting with constituents and...